Support Bloggers' Rights!
Support Bloggers' Rights!

OS Tek

Google
 
Web www.ostek.blogspot.com

January 25, 2006

Google search error???


403Grab
Originally uploaded by nroberts2729.
I got this error message while "googleing" one day. If you can't read the low quality screenshot, it states the following:
We're sorry...
...but your query looks similar to automated requests from a computer virus or spyware application. To protect our users, we can't process your request right now.

We'll restore your access as quickly as possible, so try again soon. In the meantime, if you suspect that your computer or network has been infected, you might want to run a virus checker or spyware remover to make sure your systems are free of viruses and other spurious software.

We apologize for the inconveniance, and hope we'll see you again on Google. End quote.

I know i did not have a virus, I was using a mac for heaven's sake. I tried to use Google for about 5 minutes with no success and I switched over to Yahoo for a little while. When I went back to Google a little while later, everything was fine. Anyone else had an experience like this??? (For those conspiracy theorists out there, maybe Google is trying to get us to use Google pack)

8 Comments:

  • It just happened to me too. It's been about 15 minutes and I still can't search google.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:59 AM  

  • I'm getting the same thing - sod it, use yahoo instead, they're just as good really.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:47 AM  

  • Initially, I wasn't even able to access after I typed in the code. I rebooted, typed in the code and it took me to my Google home page. What's up?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:53 AM  

  • How do you get a hold of Google tech support? Is there such a thing?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:55 AM  

  • glad this is happening to everyone and not just me

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:56 AM  

  • It has happened to me too. What's going on? Is this to commemorate Google Press day 2006, lol.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:25 PM  

  • I'm getting the same thing on both macs and pcs...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:16 PM  

  • If you just wait a little bit it goes away. Maybe it has something to do with them trying to get rid of click fraud. Thats the only logical answer I can think of.

    By Blogger Nathan, at 5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home